Running Exchange 2010 with Outlook 2010 and since the beginning of September my Global Address List is not updating when in Cached Mode. I tried the "download address book" under send/receive, but that did not solve the issue.I also deleted all the *files in my Directory: C: Documents and Settings User Profile Local Settings Application Data Microsoft Outlook: And restarted my Outlook and it seems to work but only for the issue to reappear again when Outlook is restarted. Please use the steps below to update your Global Address Book.In order for some GAL entries to show up properly you may need to turn off Cached Exchange Mode.I might have a problem with my Offline Address Book in Outlook.For me, new colleagues are not showing up and the contact pictures aren’t displaying either.I'm having an issue with Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2010. This problem started after we flattened our domain. We migrated all the users from the the sub to the top using the ADMT and then we took down sub. To be sure, does OWA (which uses live information) reflect the GAL correctly? The first thing you should do is on a test workstation, is delete the *files.Essentially, the issue is the GAL is not updating in Outlook. I looked at the recipient filter of the GAL, it's below for reference: (Alias -ne $null -and (Object Class -eq 'user' -or Object Class -eq 'contact' –or Object Class -eq 'ms Exch System Mailbox' -or Object Class –eq 'ms Exch Dynamic Distribution List' -or Object Class -eq 'group' -or Object Class –eq 'public Folder')) The next thing I'm going to try is creating a new GAL and making it the default, if necessary. That will force Outlook to download a complete GAL. If so, it is probably that the incremental update files haven't updated correctly.
If this is happening, then you may notice missing, non-existent and/or incorrect entries.The command for the manual update procedure can be found here: Outlook will automatically download updates only unless the size of the changes is larger than 12.5% (one-eighth) of the total OAB size.In that case the whole OAB is being downloaded again.Due to various synching schedules, it can take up to 48 hours before you could actually see a change in Outlook after a modification has been made on the Exchange server or in Active Directory.In this guide, the relevant timings are explained and instructions are given in how you can directly force an update and resync, which can be very handy when troubleshooting or when you work in an Exchange environment which sees a lot of user mailbox mutations.